Panelists for this session were:
- Leisa Glipsy – Armstrong World Industries – Moderator
- Detlev Johnson – SearchReturn
- Jennifer Horowitz – EcomBuffet.com
- Val Sanford – Zango
It’s important to buy PPC to supplement your natural search. If you have a natural ranking, advertise there too. People are more likely to click the natural result, and you can double your natural clicks just by being there in the paid rankings, too.
H-P suggests writing for the web first instead of adapting print materials.
Val says you need to integrate end-to-end, and make sure your landing page matches the keyword you are buying in PPC. This is a science with a little bit of art. Testing is critical. Creative, keywords and landing page all need to relate.
Protect your real estate. Buy competitor names and buy your own name too. Put defensive money into the game.
- Don’t think about search as a standalone strategy. It’s part of your mix. Have a single design team with cohesive campaigns.
- Remember that there are other search engines besides Google and Yahoo. Some search engines are targeted to particular subject areas. Buy keywords in French in the Canadian market.
- Test, test, test. Don’t set it and forget it. You need to check on this every day.